that those in the spirit world can and do communicate after they have made the change called death. Through mediumship, we can connect with loved ones, spiritual guides, and spiritual teachers on the other side. We can be comforted by talking to our loved ones; we can be helped by advice from our guides and we can be taught important life lessons by our teachers.
than communication with those in the spirit world. It is a way of living to the fullest extent possible through an understanding of Natural Law. We believe in one Divine Source that loves us and works with us to provide our spiritual progression, both on the earth plane and in the spirit world.
These are the principles/guidelines by which Spiritualists strive to live:
- We believe in Infinite Intelligence.
- We believe that the phenomena of Nature, both physical and spiritual are the expression of Infinite Intelligence.
- We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith constitute true religion.
- We affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continue after the change called death.
- We affirm that communication with the so-called dead is a fact, scientifically proven by the phenomena of Spiritualism.
- We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
- We affirm the moral responsibility of the individual and that we make our own happiness or unhappiness as we obey or disobey Nature's physical and spiritual laws.
- We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed against any soul here or hereafter.
- We affirm that the precepts of Prophecy and Healing contained in the Bible and all sacred texts of the world are Divine attributes proven through Mediumship.
that there are many paths to the Divine and encourage each individual to find his or her own way while working with spiritual energies. We believe that there is truth in all religions and strive to be non-judgmental. By becoming familiar with many religions, we come to celebrate the similarities of them all while remaining true to our own Spiritualist roots. We consider Jesus the Christ to be our way-shower and Elder Brother and embrace the teachings of other Masters, such as the Buddha, Master Lao, and Zoroaster. We believe that all sacred texts are valid and important.
Spiritualism is a religion of personal responsibility. We understand that each of us is responsible for our own actions, and due to the Law of Cause and Effect,we reap what we sow. We know that we attract to us exactly what we give out, be it situations or people. We strive to follow the Golden Rule, and treat all others the way we would like to be treated.
A Spiritual Healer possesses a gift for passing healing energy from spiritual forces to recipients. This energy helps to bring about healing of both mental and physical conditions.
In bringing about the healing, spirit beings combine their own healing forces with the energy of the healer. This energy is conveyed to the recipient through laying on of hands, or absentee healing, and is absorbed by the recipient.
Belief in the body's ability to generate its own healing energy is crucial in bringing about healing. Thought is the basis of all actions. Our thoughts have an impact on every aspect of our lives.
Indianapolis Area Churches:
National Spiritualist Association of Churches
- Directory of many NSA Churches and Camps
(PSC is an independent congregation and not affiliated with any denominations or associations.)