With all the chaos and conflict in the world right now, it can be difficult for us to center our minds on the idea that we can create peace through the use of our minds. But recent advancements in the realms of quantum physics and the science of spirituality demonstrate that this is indeed the case.
We want to develop a mind-set of "praying peace", not "praying for peace". When we pray for something, we start with the assumption that whatever we are seeking is absent and that we have to somehow "make it happen". When we pray peace, we put ourselves into a consciousness that peace is already present but hidden beneath layers of hatred and ignorance and that we have the ability to pull it into conscious experience.
James Twyman, in his book, Praying Peace, identifies seven Pathways to Peace, which, if we make them the focus of our thoughts, will allow us to see peace fully manifest in our outer experiences.
These pathways are:
- You are always praying; thought itself is prayer.
- Whatever you focus your mind on increases.
- To change the world, change your thoughts about the world.
- If you want to experience peace-become peace.
- Peace is always present, though it is sometimes hidden.
- Love is the only force in the universe.
- The world is already healed.
If we live from these principles, our hearts and minds are calm and open to knowing the Truth about our world.
Another way to use our minds to manifest peace is what is called The Intention Experiment. Using cutting-edge research conducted at Princeton, MIT, Stanford, and many other prestigious universities and laboratories, The Intention Experiment reveals that the universe is connected by a vast quantum energy field. Thought generates its own palpable energy, which you can use to improve your life and, when harnessed together with an interconnected group, to change the world.
Lynne McTaggart, developer of The Intention Experiment, invites us to spend ten minutes a day holding to the thought of peace in the world: "Our intention is that peace be immediately, completely and permanently restored in Ukraine and throughout the world with no further loss of life and that the Ukraine maintain its sovereignty as an independent, democratic nation."
May the blessings of peace be yours,
For more information, see:
- Praying Peace: In Conversation with Gregg Braden and Doreen Virtue by James Twyman.
- The Intention Experiment: Using Your Thoughts to Change Your Life and the World by Lynne McTaggart.