Rev. Margee was ordained as a Spiritualist minister in October, 2018 after completing both the Medium Certification Track and the Ministerial Ordination Track at Progressive.
She is now our Sr. Pastor. In this role, she works closely with our Ministerial Team to grow and support our spiritual community. We are committed to creating a safe spiritual space where all are welcome, accepted and treated with respect.
We are a loving community of Spiritualists dedicated to enlightenment, healing, and service to all.
Progressive Spiritualist Church provides an open, welcoming environment for seekers to explore and experience their connection to the Divine through worship, education, healing and spirit communication.
- President: Rev. Don Treadwell
- Vice President: Rev. Tracy Gough
- Treasurer: Sandy Warren
- Secretary: Jacqueline Elliott
- Christine Bingham
- Audra Boarman
- Marilyn Ferguson
- Tracy Fiddler
- Venetia Spencer
The Ministerial Team at Progressive is blessed to be a group of ministers, mediums, teachers and friends who work together to provide support and council to our members.
- Rev. Kandy Kendall, Ordained Minister, Certified Medium
- Rev. James Lasher, Ordained Minister, Certified Medium
- Rev. Don Treadwell, Ordained Minister, Certified Medium
- Rev. Harley Schultz, Ordained Minister, Certified Medium
- Rev. Cara Haynes, Ordained Minister, Certified Medium
- Rev. Tracy Gough, Associate Minister, Certified Medium
- Rev. Maria Celeste, Associate Minister, Certified Medium
- Hoss Hostettler, Certified Medium
- Rev. Margee Jaeger, Sr. Pastor, Ordained Minister, Certified Medium
Progressive Spiritualist Church of Indianapolis received its charter (No. 29) in 1913 from the Indiana State Association of Spiritualists. Services were held for many years in the church building located at Park Avenue and St. Clair Streets, (the site of the Phoenix Theatre) during which time the organization became incorporated under the laws of the State of Indiana.
On September 13, 1927 the First Spiritualist Church of Indianapolis and Progressive Spiritualist Church consolidated to form a single church to be known as Progressive Spiritualist Church. The church moved to new quarters in 1968 at 3721 North Delaware, remaining until 1974 when space at 1008 West 64th Street was leased. In the spring of 1976, Progressive Spiritualist Church purchased the building at 6225 Carrollton and converted it for church use. In April of 2010, the building on Carrollton was sold and in May the church held its first services in its new/current home at 2201 E. 54th Street.
In October of 2013, Progressive Spiritualist Church celebrated its Centennial. We are looking forward to and planning for another great century!